Friday, March 26, 2010

Tuesday is last day of School, other notes

Tuesday is Our Last Day of School Before the Break
    Wednesday is a faculty in-service day.  At the end of each week's newsletter, our red ribbon calendar provides an effective way to keep track of school closings.
     School will be closed all the following week.

No vegetables needed next week
     With no school Wednesday, we will not be making soup.

Sunday Bread
      I want our Spring Festival from last Friday to resonate.  As such, I do not plan an additional Easter festival for our nursery children on Tuesday--it can be something to look forward to as our children move into kindergarten and the grades.
      Because we have been enjoying the puppet show of "Sunday Bread," I will add nuts and raisins to a small amount of the bread we prepare Monday (to eat Tuesday) to give us a sense of celebration and closure.

Conference Times
     I will send a separate document to let you sign up on-line for conference.  I thank you for your flexibility.  It will work best for me to offer evening conferences.  I will be willing to offer phone conferences if that makes it easier for you; please leave the best number to reach you when you sign up.  If you prefer a daytime conference, we will be able to set up a conference after I return in April.
     Again, we ask nursery families to attend either a fall or spring parent & teacher conference.  I am quite willing to offer a second conference if you want to check in.

No William the first days after break
     I will not be in school the first 3 days after the break.  Lynne and Shair will guide the class.

With Warmth and Light,

William Dolde
 

No comments: