Friday, March 12, 2010

Meeting, Wednesday, March 17, 5 to 6pm

Dear Butterfly Nursery Families,

      While I intend to leave space for discussion and your topics at our meeting this Wednesday, here are subjects I'd like to touch upon.

1)  Your thoughts on home visits.
2)  Your thoughts on the morning ritual and our expeditious departure to the teepee.
3)  Looking toward the Auction, April 24 (it would be great if a parent or parents could lead this part).
4)  Checking in with strategies that have worked other than determining who "had it first!"
5)  Brief introduction to Child Study at Waldorf Schools  -- why, when, what might be different with an early childhood child study.

I know you have given some thought to topics 1, 3, and 4.  Please prepare reactions, if you have any, about how our morning transition is going.  To my mind, the clarity of the bell and the pretend boat leaving for the woods helps our children feel secure; this is also a shift from some of the flexibility I have offered parents in the past, so I want to check in.  I am definitely keeping this form for the remainder of this year, but your feedback will help me plan for future years.

With warmth and light,

William Geoffrey Dolde

No comments: