Tuesday, March 16, 2010

More details for Wednesday

Dear Nursery Parents,

A)  I have put an article on "The Child Study" in your parent folders to give a preview for our (brief) discussion on Wednesday.

B)  For the next few Wednesdays, our middle schoolers will not be visiting the nursery children (because of their play and other reasons).  Plan on picking up your children inside as you do on Mondays and Tuesdays.

C)  I forgot a couple of topics for Wednesday; we will have to breeze through them, so feel free to stop me on Wednesday.  I am reprising the other topics, too.

1)  Your thoughts on home visits.
2)  Your thoughts on the morning ritual and our expeditious departure to the teepee.
3)  Looking toward the Auction, April 24 (it would be great if a parent or parents could lead this part).
4)  Checking in with strategies that have worked other than determining who "had it first!"
5)  Brief introduction to Child Study at Waldorf Schools  -- why, when, what might be different with an early childhood child study.
6)  Your thoughts about next year, the transition to kindergarten, the 4 and 5 day options, and looking forward, your thoughts on how my nursery class might evolve.
7)  Your thoughts on start time--does it work for me to be outside at 8:15am?  Would it be better for me to come out at 8:30?


Thanks,


William

No comments: