Monday, September 3, 2012

passing the train whistle

Dear Golden Forest Families,

Kim and I have had a rich conversation about the story she told about Buttercup and her work. As anticipation and excitement build about the arrival of my little one (I want the anticipation to be fun for children), there will be intimations and messages coming to me that will include stories of the wellness that Kim and Buttercup are experiencing.

Tomorrow, Kim and I agreed that a simple, short exchange would be the right thing. After the whole school rainbow bridge ceremony, Kim will meet me by our playground, hand me the beloved train whistle used to gather children in the woods, and then she will want to depart in a graceful and rather rapid way (rather than lingering) (again, we will see her often, and I will weave in stories of Buttercup and Kim's adventures with my little one). I will likely play the whistle and sing "I've been working on the railroad." Then I'll look forward to welcoming your children for their cubby times a little later that morning.

With warmth and light,

William

No comments: