Sunday, September 9, 2012

notes for first full week

Hi Parents,

It was delightful to be with our older children last week and to work in collaboration with Dyanne. Some practical thoughts come to mind as we start our first full week with all children.


The Elementary School Bell is Early!

This year the grades teachers opted to have the morning bell ring at 8:25 so they could start their main lessons at 8:30. This means that if you arrive at 8:28 with a grades student, you are not late (just go to the classroom, not the playground). Kindergarten still commences at 8:30. It is really important for me to be able to drop Crispin off in Sunflower (inside) before you drop your children off with me. After this drop-off, I will sing a song, open the playground gate, and welcome your children. (And as with last year, you are welcome to come after 8:30 to avoid the crowds).


Fruit and Veggie basket will be inside

In case it ever does rain again, it seems best to leave the fruit and veggie basket outside the Golden Forest door on the inner hallway. We need crunchy veggies and fruits for our walks and soup vegetables.

Eggs and Apples

I'll put a sign-up on the Golden Forest door so people can estimate how much they can bring. I love your generosity. It'd be great to have 2 dozen eggs or so each week rather than 6 dozen the first week if everyone is eager to give (I can store if need be; hard boiled eggs do work better with older eggs). You can also email me your intention and I'll write it.

Layers

As you probably remember, the playground is really cool. When we leave for our walk, I'll likely have the children take off an outer layer; our walks will be vigorous. It'd be great to dress your child in multiple light layers. The trails are a bit overgrown (and it is cool in the woods); I recommend pants in the morning, even if it is going to be a hot day.


Blessings on our first week,

William

No comments: