Friday, June 17, 2011

Saturday Furniture and Ice Cream

Dear Families from Rosebud and Dewdrop,

I am including you in this post for 2 reasons

1) Some of your children will join the Butterfly nursery next year.
2) We've received thoughtful feedback that it is good to include all parent & child families in all opportunities for the school. What follows is traditionally an invitation to do manual labor (one we might have shielded new families from). Feel invited but not obligated.

As some to many of you may know, the carpets were cleaned this week. Tomorrow at 9am WIWS asks families who can to come to the school to move furniture back into the classroom. It normally goes quickly.

I will be working at the restaurant tomorrow morning. I will go later tonight and set up the Butterfly Room (I have no furniture that I can't move myself; I have donated away the couch and will replace it with a fresh piece of comfy furniture later this summer). Please feel invited to come tomorrow morning, nonetheless. It is likely we will need help moving for other classrooms in the school.

If you find yourself at school tomorrow with a surplus of movers and seek a way to contribute to the Butterfly Room, the windows and shelves and corners and crevices would always appreciate a deep clean. This is also something we will do in informal work days in late August or early September--so it is an invitation for tomorrow, not at all an obligation.

Thanks for your support of the school.

William


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: