Saturday, June 11, 2011

No Summer Playgroup


Dear Families,

Please pass along the following information. While last summer's playgroup was sweet, it was also small. I also had 4 children guaranteed all summer, and this summer I do not have this consistent group. I want to create a successful experience for students and myself. At present I have only 1 student enrolled for 2 weeks, and even if there were a sudden rush of a few families, it would not be enough to make the program feel like a group for the students.

I recommend you contact Cordula Hetland if seek child care this summer. Her phone number is 360-321-5608. Her email is hetland_cordial@hotmail.com. She is a trained and experienced Waldorf early childhood teacher from Germany; she leads our extended program at the Whidbey Island Waldorf School; and she is offering care at her home this summer. Her home-based program may better serve the needs parents in the community have in terms of schedule and flexibility with ages of children and group size than I am able to serve at school.

I look forward to seeing you at the Waldorf School in the nursery or parent & child classes, at festivals, and throughout the year. My boys and I plan to attend a number of Wednesday and Friday morning (11 to 3; though I've heard different times) Maxwelton Beach gatherings if you want to stay in touch that way.

With warmth and light,

William Geoffrey Dolde

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: