Thursday, October 21, 2010

Updated Rhythm, Potluck Reminder

Dear Families,

Here is the updated nursery rhythm of the day and the week that lists soup day on Tuesday and bread day on Wednesday.  Because children help bake the bread on Wednesday, our snack time is a little later than Monday and Tuesday, and we don't have soup vegetables to munch on.  I've started sharing little bits of pecans or cashews or almonds (prepared by my colleague Dyanne following recipes in Nourishing Traditions) at about 9:45am to tide us over until snack time.

Thank you for bringing vegetables on Monday.  Children love helping to make the soup (and crunching on a raw carrot or other healthy snack).  If you forget Monday and bring vegetables Tuesday, this is still helpful.  In this case, we may peel and chop in preparation for the parent & child class--this gives nursery children who are still tentative about the soup (most eat with a good deal of comfort) another bit of snack as they crunch on a carrot or cabbage or celery.

I look forward to seeing you at tomorrow's potluck.  I have an appointment in the afternoon and could be a little late.  If you arrive at 5, I'd appreciate it if you send my apologies to others until I show up.

With warmth and light,

William Geoffrey Dolde

No comments: