Thursday, September 4, 2008

Nursery Meeting, Thursday September 4, 7 - 8:30pm

Dear Families,

      I look forward to seeing you tonight in the Butterfly Classroom for our meeting.  During the meeting, I will describe and elaborate upon the rhythm of the day and week and year for our nursery class.  I will also present a sample birthday story to give parents a sense of what their children will be experiencing in class.  If there is time, I would love to have further discussion about Kim Payne's presentation last week.  If you have a chance to read the articles on praise and choices before tonight's meeting (links available in previous posts of this blog), that would be helpful.  Even if we have to save our full discussion for a future meeting, I will tonight try to give a sense of how I strive to respond to and support the children in class.
If you want an updated list of birthday celebrations for the class, please email me, and I will be glad to send along a copy.  Because we bake our muffins in class, parents of the birthday child need do nothing else than bring their child to school as usual.  

With warmth and light,
William Dolde

No comments: