Monday, March 11, 2013

Molly's Birthday Saturday, Calendar clarity

Hi Parents,

Molly perked up when I mentioned Wander on Whidbey is having a big sale.  I plan to get her a $50 gift certificate and give it to her Thursday.  If any of you want to contribute and get her a bigger one, feel free too.  I will leave an envelope marked (GIft for M) in my Dolde parent folder.  Feel free to leave a check (to me) or cash in that envelope.  Also, there are two flower fairy post cards in that envelope if you wish to write birthday wishes (feel free to do so even without contributing money).  I will write a generic blessing and appreciation from all of us as well. 

I don't always do this for assistants (one should always do this for music teachers in our school who have had daughters in my class, of course!).  I feel inspired about doing so this year; it seems a nice way to continue to welcome Molly, her husband, and their three children to our island and community.

I WILL BE BUYING THE GIFT CERTIFICATE ON WEDNESDAY AT 1PM,  so please get your words or wealth or wisdom into the envelope by lunch time on Wednesday.

I plan to surprise Molly and the children with some sort of scrumptious and healthy treat (maybe a raw coconut and roasty toastie and honey cookie) as dessert on Thursday.  If any of you are inspired to create something at home for us to share after snack time Thursday, let me know.  Please come up with a covert manner in which to transport it to me (e.g., leave it upstairs with directions where I can fetch it, practice your magical powers of teleportation, or other ways).

CALENDAR CLARITY

Our kindergarten morning proceeds as usual every day this week.  On this Thursday and Friday, grades dismiss at 1pm.  Our own aftercare on Thursday and Friday (for children who stay past 12:30) is altered; it is on an as-needed basis with Cordula, with a fee paid to Cordula (it was not billed as and is not counted as the official extended care session--because the grades students are out of school).

Next week Monday to Thursday EC proceeds as normal.  Next Friday (the 22nd) is Grandparents and Special Friend Day.  Children who do not attend Friday ARE invited to attend from 9am to 10am with a grandparent  or other special friend to join me and Dyanne for a briefer version of our walk and a story or circle with Dyanne.  Children who normally attend on Fridays ARE invited with a grandparent or special friend.  From past experience with the manner in which our young children take in deeply the excitement of all the visitors (known and unknown) and all the schedule shifts that take place on such a day as Grandparents, we continue to set the schedule with NO REGULAR DROP-OFF EARLY CHILDHOOD on Friday the 22nd.

Please write me or call me or talk to me with any questions.

With appreciation,

William

No comments: