Sunday, September 18, 2011

Monday Conflict talk, Wednesday Office Hours, Thursday Discussion

Dear Nursery and Parent & Child Families (and friends),

Here are 3 events to keep in mind this week:

1) Monday, September 19, Vanessa Kohlhaas will speak about conflict resolution with young children in the Butterfly Room, 7 to 8:30pm. Visit wiws.org for more information.

2) Beginning Wednesday, September 21, and repeating every other week (October 5 and October 19), I will hold office hours in my nursery for parents who prefer an in person conversation (children allowed if that makes it possible for you to attend). Each time there will be a 1:30pm and 2pm slot. Email wdolde@gmail.com, and I will reserve a spot for you.

3) On Thursday, September 22, I am holding a joint class meeting for nursery and parent & child families in the Butterfly Classroom from 6 to 7pm. All adults welcome. Please be aware, however, that this will be a discussion, not a lecture (as in past years). While I will follow the lead of the group, I will be prepared for the following:

A) To lead us in exercises and games to give a feeling for Waldorf early childhood education.

B) To preview books in the Kathrine Dickerson Memorial Library.

C) To follow up upon and discuss Vanessa's lecture on conflict amongst young children.

D) To suggest how I have adapted Kim Payne's social inclusion work into my early childhood teaching.

E) To talk about the all school Michaelmas celebration on Thursday, September 29, and the young child celebration at 10:30am on Friday, September 30.

At about 6:50pm, provided there is interest, I will then speak about specifics of this year's nursery class, what we are doing now, and where we are going (I will also provide this information in writing if members of our class cannot attend). If there is robust interest, I am glad to stay past 7pm to continue this conversation.

The frequency of adult evening events will not be so great in coming weeks.

With warmth and light,

William Geoffrey Dolde


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: