Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Photos from last year

Dear Nursery Families,

I hope to finish recording birthday songs from last school year this week. As I finish them, I am emailing them directly to the child's parents. I also intend to post all the songs on williamdolde.com for those who are interested. I will let you know when I have done so.

In past years it has been challenging to get a satisfying picture of our nursery class, whether by a formal photographer or parent. Just recently I made some collages of pictures of my boys at Walgreens. It was easy and satisfying. It occurs to me this could be an effective (non stressful) way for us to remember the nursery year.

If you would send an email to me with a photo of your child attached, I will gather as many as I can and order collage prints from Walgreens. I am glad to pay for 15 5 x 7s and give them to you at the beach, at school, or when I can. If you want more (or aren't going to be by the school or Maxwelton beach to pick one up), I can email you the photo, and you can print out a bigger or smaller size. I'll let their computers randomly arrange the pictures, so there will be no worries about me seeming to have a teacher's pet (though Lynne did request that her photo be the biggest in the collage :)).

Because the pictures will be small in the collage, we also need not worry about photo quality. I am more interested in including as many children as possible in the collage (including children who left our class before June), so please allow timeliness to overrule artistic idealism.

My email is wdolde at gmail dot com--for those who have forgotten.

Cheers,

William


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: